Disneyland is a magical place, and once you have kids, you can’t wait to take them. But it can get pretty pricey. So, how do you do Disneyland on a budget? These Disneyland budget tips are a great way to experience Disney without breaking the bank.
Not only do you get Disneyland tickets at a discount, but you also get the best prices on hotels as well when you book a Disneyland package. Whether you are staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel or a neighboring hotel, you can’t get a better deal on a Disneyland package.
Use Get Away Today to book your Disneyland trip Now!
Currently, only California residents can visit Disneyland Resort, but out-of-state visitors can purchase their tickets and Disneyland packages now. Ticket travel will be good through 2022. So as soon as out-of-state visitors are allowed, you will already have your reservations booked.
With Get Away Today, you can easily reschedule your dates whenever you need to. Right now is a great time to visit the Disneyland Resort because of the low capacity. Your experience is sure to be extra magical.
Disneyland, Is It Really Magical?
Yes, it is! My husband and I are both huge Disney fans. Before we had kids, we were annual pass holders and made sure to go at least 3-4 times a year, if not more.
Both of us only went maybe once as kids, and we don’t remember much of it. So the first time we went as adults was AMAZING! There is so much to do, see, eat, explore… You name it; it’s there. Especially if you go during a holiday season and the parks are decorated to the MAX.
If you love Halloween or Christmas, Disneyland is a must-go vacation spot for you during those times. The decor is so awesome.
With young kids, it can get a little tricky going at first. We drive there from Northern California, so a long car ride with the kids is the first hurdle.
Car Ride Tips for Toddlers and Babies
First off, you need to have the right mindset before you begin this adventure. Your baby or toddler is going to get antsy and cranky, and they will cry. Go into the trip knowing that. Be prepared for the worst.
Tips for Traveling with young kids:
- pack plenty of snacks
- have a change of clothes readily available
- have a car sick ‘kit’ available (cleaning wipes, big plastic bags, paper towels, water, etc.)
- stop often
- easy to use toys or activities
- have a lenient or adjustable time table
- tablet with downloaded movies, or a portable DVD player
- go to the bathroom when they go, or you stop to change them
My daughter is prone to getting car sick; we have been on the side of the road more than once cleaning throw-up out of the nooks and crannies of her car seat. Ensure you have the supplies needed to do that; there isn’t always a nearby gas station.
Make sure you go to the bathroom when you are already stopped. You don’t want to get going again, have your child fall asleep only to realize you now have to go. My kids will wake up the second we stop, so as long as we keep going while they are asleep, they will stay asleep for a bit.
Since my daughter would get car sick, she couldn’t watch movies or play games on a tablet, so we had to find other things to occupy her. Below are some of my favorites for kids on long car rides.
If you are still breastfeeding any of your littles, you want to make sure to have all your portable breastfeeding gear on hand. For more information, check out these tips on breastfeeding during traveling.
Essentials for Kids on Long Car Rides
- INNOVATIVE: The Oombee Cube offers a unique way to shape-sorting fun!...
- TACTILE LEARNING: Little hands delight in sliding each shape smoothly...
- DEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS: Strengthens fine motor skills, shape recognition...
- 3 pack of water wow; activity pads: This 3 pack of Melissa & doug...
- 4 reusable pages: each of these coloring with water books is a spiral...
- Promotes multiple skill development: Our water painting books for kids...
- Superhero Magic Ink Coloring Book Super Set -- 3 Super Hero Imagine...
- These officially licensed Imagine Ink coloring books for kids and...
- Set includes 3 no mess coloring books: 1 Marvel Avengers coloring...
- Road trip essential for kids - Svance reusable drawing book set...
- Easy to Use and Clean Erasable Doodle Coloring Book - Reusable drawing...
- Toddler learning activities drawing kit - This quiet drawing book is...
- FARM THEMED PUFFY STICKER PLAY SET: The Melissa & Doug On the Farm...
- PORTABLE AND REUSABLE STICKER SET: This puffy sticker activity book...
- HELPS DEVELOP MULTIPLE SKILLS: Our puffy sticker set is great for...
Do you need Disneyland tickets for babies and toddlers?
A great Disneyland budget tip is that you only need to get tickets for children 3 and older. We ended up taking our kids for the first time right before my daughter’s 3rd birthday. My daughter was almost 3, and my son was a little over 1. So we were able to go without a ticket for both of them for their first time.
This saves a ton of money and allows you to give them the experience of Disneyland without feeling like you wasted money. It is hard to do a lot at each park with two small children; some days, you don’t get to see many attractions.
The first time at the parks with babies or toddlers can be a little overwhelming. You are trying to navigate the rides they can actually go on and find areas to rest and nurse if needed.
You also want to make sure you don’t push them too much and overstimulate them. That can make for a very upsetting bedtime.
So if possible, I recommend going for the first time with your kids before your child turns 3. This is when they don’t need a Disneyland ticket and can get in free.
Buy Souvenirs and Disney apparel BEFORE your trip.
This is my favorite Disneyland budget tip and how we manage to stay on budget for our Disneyland vacations. Buy some little gifts or toys to give your kids before going into the park. Or have them on-hand in the park to give out as needed—things like bubble wands, plushies, clothes, hats, autograph books, and more.
- Plays instrumental version of iconic song "Into The Unknown"
- Wave the scepter to see a flurry of glittering snow swirl around the...
- Inspired by Anna & Elsa's bond Frozen 2 with authentic film details...
No products found.
- You will receive 3 headbands
- The perfect accessory for any Mickey or Minnie Mouse themed party.
- Absolutely Cute.
- STYLISH DESIGNS: These Adorable Little Girl’s Baseball Hats...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The 5-panel durable and comfortable Cotton twill Girl...
- GREAT FIT: Available in your choice of 2 Sizes, Toddler Girl Age 2-4,...
- Cinderella carriage bubble blower. A wonderful bubble machine for your...
- 14" Tall.
- Lights up and changes colors.
- Disney Friends Set - 9" Plush Mickey Minnie Donald Daisy Goofy Pluto
- Approximately 9" Tall
- Detailed plush sculpturing ~ Embroidered Features
- Comes with alphabet stickers for personalizing
- Shirts for Men, Women, Youth and Kids.
- Black and White colors available.
- 100% cotton -Bright vivid colors -Taped neck and shoulders.
These things are so much cheaper outside of the park. You can even make little gift bags for them to open when they get to the hotel. Family Disney shirts are always a fun idea, especially for your first time there as a family.
The costumes/dresses are also so much cheaper if you purchase them beforehand. If you have a little princess on your hands, be sure to check out these outfits below for them.
Why use Get Away Today for Disneyland tickets and vacations?
Get Away Today is a Disneyland travel site that has been helping people book amazing family vacations at great prices for almost 30 years. They have relationships with hotels and attractions to save you 20% to 50% on your Disneyland package.
I use Get Away Today for every Disneyland trip I book, and I always receive the best customer service. They are so friendly and helpful every time I call them.
A few reasons I love Get Away Today for Disneyland tickets and vacations:
- Layaway Plan– You only need to put down $175 for your trip! Then you can pay over time up until 5 days before your trip.
- Superb Customer Service– they want to help you have the best vacation you can and do everything in their power to make that happen.
- Discounted Vacation Packages- I always know I am getting the best deal when I book through Get Away Today for Disneyland.
- Option of Peace of Mind- Yes it is an extra charge, but totally worth it. It is their travel protection that gives you unlimited reservation changes, without rescheduling or cancellation fees up to 72 hours before your trip.
For our last two trips, I have had to change dates and the hotel once, so I am so glad I had the Peace of Mind. It was well worth it. I had accidentally booked the wrong hotel and did not notice until weeks later.
I was able to call and tell them what happen, and within a couple of hours, I was booked at the correct hotel with no extra fees.
With kids, you never know what will come up, so being able to change dates is a life-saver.
Why should you book your Disneyland trip with Get Away Today NOW?
You can’t go wrong. Booking early can help you stick to your budget. Book now for only $175, and if you purchase Peace of Mind, you can adjust your vacation for any reason. Instead of trying to put money aside in a vacation fund, put it toward an actual Disneyland package.
Want to SAVE even more on your Disneyland tickets?
Use my promo code ChaosLove10 to get an extra $10 off! (2 tickets and 2-night min. required).
Now is the time to use Get Away Today to buy Disneyland Tickets and book an awesome family vacation. Book now for anytime next year. Pay only $175 now and spread out the cost up until your trip.
Check out what hotels are currently offering FREE nights!!
Going on NOW $100 booking bonus!! Don’t miss it!
Next year we also plan to go to Disney World for the first time. You can bet I will be using Get Away Today’s Amazing Package Deals to book this trip as well.